Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
I don’t know about you, but I know that I could use some more variety in my life and marriage on occasion. Ryan and I live a pretty structured life when in comes to our schedule, work, workouts, and meal plans. Which means we need variety in other areas of our lives. We need to switch things up when it comes to date ideas! We want to participate in uncommon date ideas, not just the normal ideas that you constantly see over and over again. We had the privilege of reviewing the book 52 Uncommon Dates which got me really thinking about being a little more intentional in this area.
Here are some more uncommon date ideas that we have done or want to do:
1. Dream Home- This at home date night will allow you to work together to create your dream home. You get to discuss features that would be important to you, ideas on how to decorate and even creating the floor plan.
2. Legos- Use Legos you already have to create something together. If you feel you are not creative you could buy The LEGO Ideas Book which will give you plenty of ideas of what to build! Or if you don’t have Legos you could buy a new Lego set to build for the first time.
3. Origami- Get an origami kit and spend some time together creating. This date was a bit challenging for me because I started getting frustrated, but Ryan was a little better at it than me. Getting a kit that has basics and more advanced projects might be a good idea so it is fun for the both of you no matter your level.
4. Driving- Hop in the car and go for a ride. You can flip a coin to choose the direction of the next turn. Or you and your lover can take turns choosing which way to go. Have fun chatting and finding new things. Use GPS to get back home.
5. Glow Paint- This date is a bit more adventurous! Wait until it is dark, put in a black light light bulb and pull out glow face and body paint. Be artistic while you explore each others body.
Doing dates that are a bit more uncommon allow us to not only add variety to our lives, but it also allows us to experience new things with our mate and connect in a way that we have not been able to before. You may also want to consider participating in these four dates every wive should plan. Doing new things could also allow us to find things we enjoy that we had not thought we would have.
What is an uncommon date you have done or want to do?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,