Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
Salsa Chicken Casserole Mexican Bake is a good way to change up the casserole that you have been having. It’s an easy way to make something Mexican that is a bit different as well.
1 cup minute rice
1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
2 cups black beans
1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
1 cup water
½ Tbsp chili powder
½ tsp oregano
3 large chicken breasts
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 whole green onions
- Precook the beans earlier in the day or have from left over meal.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Use a 9 x 13 pan.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add the rice, black beans, corn, salsa, chicken broth, chili powder, and oregano to an casserole dish. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Cut the chicken breasts into two pieces. Push the chicken pieces down into the rice salsa mixture in the casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole dish tightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven, test the rice with a fork to make sure it is tender. Also, check the chicken. If it is not done, recover the dish, return it to the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes more. When the rice is tender, sprinkle the cheese over top and return the casserole to the oven for a few minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Add the sliced green onions on top after baking and serve hot.
Easy and delicious! Love it!
Until Next Time- Truly Love,