Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes are a great recipe to get some veggies in without having them as just a side item. It also makes the quinoa pretty tasty. So put your two sides- veggies and quinoa- together to make this yummy recipe!
8 medium ripe tomatoes
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
2 teaspoons olive oil
6 cups fresh spinach
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
freshly ground pepper, to taste
shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Cut top off tomato and hallow out inside. Sprinkle salt in the hollow portion of each tomato and place hollow side up on a baking sheet and set aside.
3) Place water and quinoa in a saucepan. Cook per the instructions.
4) Heat oil in a frying pan and add spinach. Season pepper, and cook until just wilted. Mix in the garlic and parsley, cook for a minute longer, and remove from stove.
5) Add cooked quinoa to spinach; mix well. Evenly divide the filling among the tomatoes. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6) Remove foil, sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
7) Serve and ENJOY!
What is your favorite quinoa recipe?
Until next time- truly love!