Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
Do you pray when you see God’s glory – a beautiful sunrise, hearing your children giggling, a beautiful scene while out in nature? Do you find yourself praying when in need, a family member is sick, when you are both mentally and physically exhausted and need God’s divine intervention? Are you praying more in gratitude, when God answered your prayer? Are you consistent in your prayer? With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, this can be hard for people (so if this is you, you are not alone!) I learned with a good morning routine, and writing my prayers down instead of them getting lost with my own inner monologue, I found a sweet spot. But, now you are probably asking yourself, how do I prayer journal? Well, I have got you girl.
Here is how to prayer journal:
1. Pick a notebook/journal that you like and inspires you and that you want to spend time in.
2. Choose a time to do it around other habits you already have created. Ex: drinking morning coffee, after you brush your teeth at night, or during lunch.
3. Write all your prayers down. I typically thank God, ask him for my personal requests and pray for others.
5. If you skip a day for whatever reason, get back to it the next day. Just like any other routine, the longer you go without doing it, the easier it is to justify not getting back into it.
6. Review your prayer journal when needed to see what prayers God has answered as a form of encouragement.
“Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” Jeremiah 29:12
Life can be a struggle, being consistent in prayer doesn’t have to be. Just like anything in your life, you get to find what works for you. For me, it was learning how to keep a prayer journal to support me to stay focused and present with God. This has been a game changer in my prayer life and life in general.
Let me know what routines work for you in the comments.
Until Next Time – Truly Love