Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
Ryan’s primary Love Language is Words of Affirmation. Sometimes it gets hard to figure out different ways to be encouraging and tell him how great he is. I want to do things that are unique and fun. Things that are different than just telling him or writing him a note. I have done some creative thinking and even Googled some ideas before! Today, I thought I would share some of the things that I have done and some ideas I still plan to use.
- Have friends or family write good qualities about them then, share the notes.
- Describe how your spouse is like a certain character in a book or movie.
- Make a small journal of things you appreciate that they have done throughout the week.
- Tell them often that they can accomplish anything they set their mind to.
- Write a note to your spouse encouraging them about their dream or goal.
- Email your spouse an inspiring quote.
- Leave a note in their lunch.
- Put a quote on the mirror for them to see.
- You can even write a note on a piece of toilet paper square and float it on top of the water in the toilet!
- Start a notebook where you write them each week where the focus is about the positive things in your relationship.
- Easter: Put quotes, verses, or little notes in each egg for them.
- Valentines: A poem that is cut into puzzle pieces to give them throughout the day.
- Christmas: 12 days of Christmas with a note for each day.
- Get them a little treat and leave a note with it.
- Tell them again what drew you to them when you first met them.
- Put a sticky note on their computer.
- Buy or make a coupon book with encouraging things and where you can fill in blanks about them. Leave them everywhere!
- Remind them often with words how great of a spouse they are for you.
- Place a note on their windshield if you are leaving before them.
- Tell your spouse why you are thankful for them.
- At dinner on Friday tell them what you appreciated about them that week.
- Give them a report card of straight A’s on their good qualities (I am a teacher- I can’t help it)
- Remember the special times like your engagement, wedding, or special trip and tell your spouse what your thoughts were at those moments.
- Tell them that they are the bomb.
If you know your spouse’s Love Language is Words of Affirmation try some of these things out! They will enjoy hearing words of encouragement and praises. Their love tank will begin to overflow if you continually do these kinds of things!
How do you speak Words of Affirmations to your partner?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,