Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
During the first few weeks after Miss M was born I made myself take it easy. I focused on getting rest, good nutrition and figuring out this thing called motherhood. After one week the daily fresh air on the back porch was just not enough so we started walking a few blocks. It was finally at about week 5 that I started feeling somewhat like a normal human again. That is also the week I was cleared to start doing a little bit of exercise.
I was really excited and started back at it. I do have to give myself props as I feel like I did a good job of starting out slow and easing into things. My body made sure of it! My stomach and insides seemed to not like me much after doing some exercises and I would get side stitches if I pushed my walking stroller routine. I soon realized getting back to the active state I was in before pregnancy was going to take a bit longer than I anticipated even though I remained active the whole pregnancy.
Here we are just a little over 3 months since Miss M was born and I am still trying to get into a routine and see progress. Sometimes I just don’t have the energy to get as good of a workout in as possible or sometimes I decide to nap while she naps rather than getting a work out in. With that I have been trying to find some easy ways to work in burning more calories. I thought I would share a few ideas with you.
Easy Ways for New Moms to Get Exercise
- Do calf raises or march in place if you pump.
- After each feeding do a set of squats. That ends up being a lot of squats in the beginning when they are eating every 2 hours!
- If you breast feed learn to feed in a carrier so you can stand sometimes while feeding.
- When running errands don’t take the closest parking spot. Carry the car seat all the way in on one side and then all the way out on the other side.
- Create a standing work station so when you are on the computer you are not sitting.
- Walk around the house when you are loving on baby rather than just sitting.
- Dance and sway with baby.
- Wear baby in a carrier rather than pushing her in a cart. More weight burns more calories.
- Take daily walks. Baby needs a little vitamin D just like you.
- You can wear strap on weights around your ankles and wrists. (I haven’t do this one, but have seen people do it.)
Those are just a few ways that I have tried to incorporate easy ways to get a little more exercise. I know for me I was SO tired of sitting. I felt like I sat all the time feeding in the beginning. My goal was to find ways to counter act all that sitting and build muscle tone back in my glutes.
What are some easy ways to get more exercise that you use or have heard about?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,