Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
With our little one here now it is sometimes hard to find time to grab something to eat. I looked at protein bars at the store, but didn’t want anything with soy or whey in them. I found some all natural ones I liked but they were pretty spendy. So I set out to make my own. This is what I come up with!
1 1/2 cups dry roasted unsalted almonds
1 1/2 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
1 cup puffed rice cereal
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup syrup
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp of water
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil. Spray foil with olive oil cooking spray.
2) Place nuts and rice puffs in a mixing bowl.
3) Place honey, syrup, peanut butter, water and chocolate in small sauce pan. Slowly heat and stir until melted.
4) Pour melted mixture over dry mixture. Stir until coated.
5) Pour wet nut mixture onto rimmed sheet pan. Press mixture down and together firmly to ensure it sticks together.
6) Cook in over for approximately 10 minutes.
7) Cool on cooling rack. Cut into bars. Wrap in wax paper. Store in fridge.
8) Enjoy all week long!
*Next time I would leave out the chocolate in the mixture. After creating the bars I would then drizzle the chocolate on top. Currently, they can be a little melty!
Have you ever made your own protein bars?
I need to make some more of our quinoa protein bars as well!
Until Next Time- Truly Love,