Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
This Butternut Squash Chili recipe will warm you up when the weather is cold. It is a hearty chili packed with protein and natural carbs.
2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Onion, diced
2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
2 Tablespoon ground chili powder
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
2 cups water
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes with green peppers
4 Teaspoons lime juice
3 Cooked and cubed chicken breast
1. Add oil to pan and allow it to heat up. Add squash and onion to pan. Cook until onion is soft.
2. Add chili powder, garlic, cumin and pepper. Stir.
3. Add one cup of water. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. In stock pot put other cup of water, chicken, beans, bouillon, can of tomatoes and and lime juice. Bring to a simmer.
5. Once Squash is tender add all contents to stock pot. Stir.
We thought it turned out pretty good! We do a similar recipe with corn but we liked this better since the squash has more nutrients. Now it is a bit tough to peel the squash if you don’t have a good knife. But all in all we thought it was great!
What is your favorite variation of chili?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,