Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
Today a group of bloggers are linking up to bring you some great new recipes to try! Make sure to check some of them out at the bottom of the post!
We were loving our traditional chicken lasagna recipe when I started to eat less breads and pasta. We simply changed the recipe to no longer include noodles but zucchini instead. It does make the recipe a bit more soupy. We then cook some penne pasta on the side for Ryan as he needs those carbs for training and racing.
Zucchini Chicken Lasagna
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 cups mozzarella cheese
8 tablespoons of Parmesan
24 oz fat free cottage cheese
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 large zucchini’s, sliced thinnly
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 yellow bell pepper
8 basil leaves (or dried basil)
1/2 cup parsley
24 oz spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Saute onion and pepper. Then add chicken. (I usually used left over chick that is already cooked. Takes less time to prepare!)
3. Spray 9 X 12 baking dish with nonstick. Spoon half cup of spaghetti sauce on bottom of pan.
4. Mix basil, parsley and garlic into cottage cheese.
5. Layer zucchini, 1/3 cottage cheese mix, 1/3 chicken mix, 1/3 remaining sauce, 1/3 of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
6. Repeat layers in #5 until complete.
7. Cook uncovered for 45 minutes to an hour. Enjoy!
Remember to check out the other recipes below!
Until Next Time- Truly Love,