Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
On Saturday Ryan completed his first full Ironman distance. He now is considered an Ironman! He has done many half Ironman distances but this was his first full! For those of you that don’t know this endurance event consists of:
- 2.4 mile swim
- 112 mile bike
- 26.2 mile bike
For a grand total of 140.6 miles, consecutively and all in one day!
I am so extremely proud of Ryan for completing this event! He did a wonderful finish of 11 hours and 23 minutes with 3rd place in his age group. He has been working towards this event since January. Talk about some dedication!
During the event I got to see him several times. He seemed so strong. His dedication was amazing to me!
Through this whole process I have used words of affirmation to encourage Ryan since that is his primary love language.
Here are some ways I used words of affirmations:
- Encouraged him if he had a bad workout
- Wrote him telling him how great of a job he was doing getting all his workouts in
- Text him to see how his workout went
- Give him an encouraging quote
- Put up status on social media saying how proud or excited I was about the event
- Gave him a congratulations card after the event
When our husband is working on a huge goal or dream we must focus even more so on their love language to encourage them through the process!
Until Next Time- Truly Love,