Do you long to live a healthy lifestyle, but struggle to make it affordable for your family? Living a healthy lifestyle can mean a lot of things. For some of us that is natural or clean food options. For others it is having a workout or self-care routine. While others it might be about having vitamins or supplements to support them. Whatever living a healthy lifestyle means to you it is probably important that it is affordable so that you can maintain that lifestyle long term. That is exactly why I am sharing one hack to make living a healthy lifestyle affordable!
One Hack To Make Living a Healthy Lifestyle Affordable
1) Sign up for Ebates- In a few minutes you can sign up for Ebates, a cash back program, for your online shopping. There are hundreds of retailers on their list. You shop like you normally do online and the toolbar tells you when you are shopping at a place that you can get cash back. Simply accept the notice and it will account for your cash back. Each quarter Ebates sends you a check! It’s all very simple and adds up!
You can earn cash back from places like Beach Body and Weight Watchers, gyms and yoga studios, pharmacies and vitamin places and even food subscription boxes or health food websites. But my favorite way to use Ebates to make living a healthy lifestyle affordable is shopping at Vitacost.com where I receive 3% cash back.
Ebates has a special introductory offer that when someone new signs up and spends $25 at any of the stores they get $10 cash back to their Ebates account. Simply sign up with my referral code to take advantage of this offer!
2) Register for the newsletter- Go to Vitacost.com and register for their newsletter. In the upper right hand side there is a tab that says “email sign up.” A box will pop up to enter your email. This is how you will get notifications of sales and deals. You also get a 10% off coupon to start! Personally, I always make sure to shop during a sale. They happen regularly so no need to pay full price for things.
3) Shop wisely- As I mentioned above I always shop Vitacost.com when there is a sale or I have received a coupon code. In addition to that make sure you check the Promo Pocket (located at top right) which shows all the deals for individual brands or categories. Sometimes there are free samples there to claim as well. Last, I always just skim through the Clearance items.
4) Claim free shipping- If you purchase $49 or more ($25 on some select brands) on Vitacost.com shipping is free. To make my money go further I always make sure I hit that free shipping mark. I would rather buy $8 of food than pay that in shipping!
5) Save 10% more- A nice feature that Vitacost.com offers is registering for automatic delivery. When you add an item to your cart you can set it up for an automatic redelivery from anywhere between 15 days to 90 days. This saves you 10% off that item! Vitacost.com also has the option to set up quick reorder. Although that feature does not save you money it does save you time when ordering in the future. And some people (me!) says time is money.
Each of these steps take moments to do, but can save you quite a bit of money! For those of you who like to run numbers like me let’s see how this hack can make living a healthy lifestyle affordable. Let’s say you plan to buy $100 worth of healthy groceries or supplements from Vitacost.com. We will do the math and see what you end up coming out with.
$100 (cart total)
-$10 (10% off newsletter coupon)
$90 (new cart total)
+0 (free shipping)
-$3 (10% off a $30 supplement you set up automatic delivery for next month)
$87 (new cart total)
-$2.61 (3% cash back from Ebates)
-$10 ($10 cash back promo from Ebates since you spent $25)
$74.39 (total spent)
That means you just saved 25% on your grocery and supplements! That is assuming there were no sells on the items, you only chose one item for automatic delivery and your coupon was 10%. Often they will have 15% coupons. Which means there is actually more room to save money! I show you this example to show you exactly what I do to make living a healthy lifestyle affordable for my family. I know that you long to live a healthy lifestyle that is affordable for your family. You now have one of my hacks to make that happen!
Here are some of the regular items that we order from Vitacost.com.
Ghee– We use this to scramble eggs and sometimes veggies.
Emergen-c Plus– My regular local shopping places do not carry this variety. We have found the plus variety makes a big difference for us.
Udo’s Oil– Ryan uses this in his shakes after workouts as a part of his recovery shakes.
Magnesium Powder– Ryan uses this before bed to help him sleep along with Melatonin.
Go Macro Bars– These are our favorite vegan bars. Often times I can get them here cheaper when I have a coupon or a discount is going on.
I have also bought vitamins, supplements, baby food, candy, and personal care items from Vitacost.com. They have so many things that will support you in living a healthy lifestyle that is affordable. Go sign up for Ebates and make your first Vitacost.com order!
Share a comment below telling me:
Why is it important for you to make living a healthy lifestyle affordable?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,