Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
Sometimes, as newlyweds, there are times when we may feel that we need to focus on our marriage a bit more. These times could be if we have been busy with the new house and don’t feel like we have been giving the relationship the attention we need to or if you feel your partner is not giving the relationship the attention it needs, but to something else instead. (Hopefully in either case you have thought/talked about how to solve these problems.) I have also been told there is a phase in marriage where it can come more of a business partnership rather than an enjoyable relationship. If your relationship has gotten to that stage this may be another reason to focus on your marriage.
The question is: How do I focus on my marriage?! Sounds easy enough, but what can I do on a daily basis that will ensure I focus on my marriage in a positive way?
Dr. Karen, who deems herself a relationship expert, advises to do this:
- Every morning when you wake up ask yourself:
- What is one thing I can do today to help enhance my marriage?
- What is one thing I can do today to help my spouse feel loved, valued, appreciated, and special?
- Make sure to implement your answer to your questions that very day.
- Every night before you go to sleep ask yourself:
- What is the one thing I did today to help enhance my marriage?
- What did I do today that helped my spouse to feel loved, valued, appreciated, and special?