Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
Today Ryan and I are celebrating 3 years of marriage! Although the details of how we met are a bit controversial we both agree we met after a race. The following year we completed the same race and then had a running themed wedding. Marriage has taught me so much and I have grown exponentially as a wife and person.
The past three years have been absolutely amazing! We have got to experience many things- some exciting and some scary. Going to the 2012 London Olympics and bringing our first baby girl into the world are among the highlights. But what also has been amazing is the journey of growth and discovery in our marriage. And for that reason I’m going to share 30 things three years of what marriage has taught me.
Here we go…
What Marriage Has Taught Me
- It is necessary to express your needs.
- Being selfless sometimes requires thought and energy.
- It is okay to cry together.
- He is really my best friend.
- There will be disappointments.
- People have different working styles and that is okay.
- I can’t fix everyone else’s issues.
- Being supportive sometimes is the best way to show love.
- Forgiveness is something I have to be willing to practice.
- I can’t do everything.
- It is wise to ask for help when it is needed.
- We each can have our own goals.
- We must have goals together.
- Ask him what he wants occasionally while making the menu.
- Add variety to your relationship.
- We think differently.
- Men are visual beings.
- Praying for each other is important.
- You can be a role model to your spouse.
- Our marriage can serve as an example for many others besides our children.
- His family is my family and vice versa.
- Being respectful when talking about friends or family is key.
- Giving changes our hearts.
- Choices have to be made every day to live a healthy lifestyle so we can be together as long as possible.
- I can do more than I ever imagined I could.
- His past makes him who he is. Don’t fret over it.
- Some call it a hobby and others call it passion. Commitment is what decides between the two.
- Being emotionally connected require emotions.
- Together we can do much greater things than on our own.
- I never knew I could have such a great love for someone.
I feel like I could continue with this list. Marriage has taught me so much thus far! And I truly feel like this list doesn’t even do it justice. To try to verbalize exactly what I have begun to understand in this journey is really quite hard. However, I know this is just the beginning and there will continue to be learning experiences all along the way!
Share something about what marriage has taught you!
Until Next Time- Truly Love,