Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering through these links may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free.
I am a planner. I am a doer. When you are pregnant there are A LOT of things that are suppose to get done before baby comes along. I had no idea how many there even were! Things like meeting the pediatrician, pre-registering at the hospital, getting a breast pump from insurance, all the OB appointments, filling in the baby book, etc, etc. Then of course there is getting the nursery ready and making sure you have all the things you need. And there are even more must do’s before baby arrives!
On top of all those “baby to-do’s” there are even other to do’s! Today I am going to share with you the ten things I have done or will get done before baby arrives. I feel like these are all important things to do as they will help free up time and energy to focus on our baby and family.
10 Must Do’s Before Baby Arrives
1. Email and Social Media: A few months ahead of babies arrive start opting out of email newsletters that are no longer relevant. Less to sort through in your inbox and less to get distracted by. Also, turn off notifications for social media that you do not deem important. Last thing I want is me trying to meet the needs of our baby and random stuff popping up on my phone and in my inbox.
2. Cards and Presents: If you send out birthday and anniversary cards normally go ahead and purchase and fill out the addresses before baby comes. This way you only have to add a little note and stick it in the mail box. It’s also a great ideas to get an assorted card set and maybe even some blank cards. That way you have one no matter what might come up! Same with presents. Purchase gifts ahead of time. No need for extra errands in the early days with baby.
3. Auto Bill Pay: If your bills are not already set to auto bill pay get it set up to do so. Less work for you and one less thing to remember. If auto bill pay is not an option for you at least set reminders in your phone to help you remember to pay the bills. I heard we can get a wee bit forgetful those first few months!
4. Freezer Meals: Even if you have family coming to help or church family bring meals in the beginning make some freezer meals. They are typically good for several months. When your help starts dying out, but you still feel like you don’t have time to cook these will come in handy! I plan to make about twenty meals out of the Seriously Good Freezer Meals Cookbook to have stored away.
5. Oil Changes: Get both of the cars oils changed and a check up. All you need is to have a new little one trying to figure out how to deal without a car. Besides who wants to sit in the lobby for half an hour with a newborn.
6. Hair Cut: Get a hair cut because who knows when the next one will be! And if you have other kids get theirs done too. I have been growing out my hair to donate for 2 and a half years. I will be getting mine cut before baby comes. This will also help me manage my hair better while caring for baby since there will be so much less of it!
7. Laundry Soap: I make our own laundry soap. I went ahead and made a big batch of this now. I hear I will have lots of clothes to wash between all the baby spit up. If you purchase yours make sure to stock up so you don’t have to do any late night runs. This is why it’s one of my must do’s before baby arrives.
8. Clean the Car: If you are like me the inside of the car does not get a good cleaning often. I wanted to make sure it is nice and clean before putting the car seat in.
9. House Honey Do’s: Been putting off some to do’s for the house? Now is the time to get them done! We have been in this house for about 2.5 years and still hadn’t done a few things. I made it my mission to get them done before baby. I hung a blind and painted some trim. I still have one flower bed that I need to get covered with mulch.
10: Paperwork: Print and fill out any paperwork that you might need to do after the baby arrives. For us I know I will have to send in reimbursement for our breast pump and also paperwork to enroll her on our insurance. Finding these papers on the insurance website can take time and focus so get it done now. Less to figure out when I have little one in my arms.
11. Term Insurance and Will: If you do not have these things but have been considering getting them now is the time! If something was to happen to you it is no longer just your spouse you now have a little one. These things will help ensure that they are taken care of!
All of these tasks may not seem like a huge deal. However, I feel like they all take time and energy which I hear I may be low on once the baby is born. Having these things done ahead of time will allow me to focus on the important things of caring for baby, myself and Ryan. I am a planner. I am a doer. These are ways that I can prepare for our bundle of joy to arrive while I wait out these last few weeks! Here’s to getting these must do’s before baby arrives complete!
My question to you is are there any other tasks I can do now that would be beneficial for later?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,