Is your spouse’s primary Love Language Physical Touch? IT IS OK! It does not mean your spouse just walks around wanting and thinking about sex ALL THE TIME! Today, I am going to explain some things about physical touch, but also give some ideas on how to incorporate them into your daily life. So here it is, the Physical Touch Love Language explained.
Physical Touch Love Language Explained:
Babies who are held, hugged, and kissed develop a healthier emotional life than those who are left for long periods of time without physical contact. pg 109
This quote goes to show everyone is born with the sense of needing touches. Some just feel more loved than others by it. So it’s totally natural that your mate wants to be touched!
Since touch receptors are located throughout the body, lovingly touching your spouse almost anywhere can be an expression of love. pg 110
Again, this is saying that physical touch is much more than foreplay and sex although it includes that as well.
Physical Touch Ideas:
- The 3 H’s- Hug, High Five and Hold Hands- self explanatory- do them often.
- Soft Touches Casually- touch their face, back, arm, butt, etc as you pass by them.
- Head and Hair- play with their hair or rub their head.
- Horse Play- poking, tickling, chasing teasing.
- Sitting Close- in public or private sit close to your mate.
- Massage– massage parts of their body or even give them a full body massage.
- Pray- hold hands while you do so.
Spice Things Up
- The Marriage Bed is designated for “sex and intimacy for married Christians” with a ton of resources if you are looking for them.
- Intimacy in Marriage “encourages Christian women towards healthy sexual intimacy”.
- The Dating Diva’s have a whole rolling list of romantic rendezvous for you to check out.
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge that speaking a Love Language that is not your own primary Love Language can be challenging. If you are still wanting some guidance on physical touch Love Language check out this post 4 Creative Ways To Make The Most Out Of Physical Touch Love Language!
How do you speak the Love Language of Physical Touch?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,