In a society that is all about go, go, go and see how much we can multitask it sometimes is hard to make sure we spend Quality Time with our mate. This is especially important if their Love Language is Quality Time.
Quality Time is my primarily Love Language so this topic is very near and dear to my heart. I thought I would share some ways to ensure your “quality time” is actually quality time.
1) Focused Attention
- If we are sitting there talking and listening to our husband yet we are making a grocery list that attention is diluted. Someone sends us a text. The attention just got diluted again. Focus your attention just on your spouse!
- There will be times that we are in the same room chatting while other things are being done, but do not mistake this for quality time.
2) Quality Conversation
- This means “where two individuals are sharing their experiences, thoughts, feelings and desires in a friendly, uninterrupted context.” – pg 60
3) Quality Activities
- This is any activity that one or both of you enjoy to do.
- Focus on why you are doing it (to show love) instead of what you are doing.
Next time you plan to have quality time with your man remember back to this list to make sure it is actually quality time!
In what area can you improve your quality time with your husband?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,