We have just about reached our 28 week mark in our pregnancy! Come on 3rd trimester! I am very thankful to report our pregnancy has been pretty simple really. I have felt good and no major complaints. The main thing I have been dealing with the past few weeks is dry itchy skin. Along with that I am wanting to keep my skin nice and hydrated to hopefully help prevent stretch marks!
A few weeks ago my mom tagged me in a Facebook post telling me about some natural baby products from Cedar Grove Sundries that she thought I might be interested in. I browsed around and liked the Facebook page to look into when the time came for those baby products. Then, I stared seeing all these updates about other natural products that helps with moisturizing. It of course caught my attention since I have been clawing away at my skin!
I looked further into the company’s philosophies and messaged the sweet owner, Sabine. I found out some pretty neat stuff!
- She uses essential oils in her products!
- The beeswax comes from her own bees!
- All the baby products are cloth diaper safe! (Which is great seeing how we are choosing to cloth diaper.)
- It is a local business out of Catoosa, OK!
And that brings us to today! Sabine, the friendly and generous lady that she is, gave me some awesome products to share with you and is even giving some product away to a lucky reader! So let me get to sharing these amazing products!
Starting at the bottom left hand side
1) Lip Balm $3.50: I think I put this on four times in one day because I liked it so much! Ryan said it smelled like icing. Ha! It amazes me to think Sabine uses her own beeswax for this product.
2) Calming Baby Oil $8.00: Don’t be confused by the name. This is not just for babies! Now I will admit I had never used an oil before so I had to ask how to use it and even Google searched it. There are some pretty neat things you can do with oil! I have avoided oil previously just because I hated the thought of feeling sticky or greasy. I was even a bit hesitant when using this product. I put 6 to 8 drops on each leg and rubbed it in. It immediately soaked into my skin and there was no access left! (I told you I had dry skin!) To my surprise I really liked it! Also, with having to use so little it seems it would last awhile.
3) Whipped Body Butter $12.00: Let me just say the name describes it so well. It is so light! Through our pregnancy so far I have tried 6 different moisturizers. Some were okay, but I did not fall in love with any of them. Some were too thin of lotions, some were so greasy they left marks on my clothes and some were so fragrance/color filled I was scared to put it on my body! I absolutely loved how I could feel the butters and oils in this. I knew my skin was getting some good stuff! By the time I brushed my hair I was able to put on clothes with no marks on them. Completely moisturizing yet doesn’t mess up my clothes. That is a win in my book!
4) Peppermint Soap $6.00: This smells so delicious, but I know it is not for eating. I like soup that has particles in it to help with scrubbing so I am looking forward to trying this soap out!
5) Sugar Scrub 8oz $6.00: As soon as I finished using this I messaged Sabine telling her just how much I liked it. I am a fan of scrubs. I like to exfoliate, but lately some scrubs have been leaving me too dry making me itch more. I enjoyed this scrub because the sugar is fine and it has oil in it. So between those two things it gives you a nice exfoliate, but also a great moisturizer! I was planning on putting some Whipped Body Butter on afterwards, but I didn’t even need to. I was amazed. Because let’s be real sometimes I am too lazy to put lotion on. This product solves that problem!
If you have been around the blog long you might have seen my review on some Lush products. I have to be 100% transparent here and let you know these products that I have listed here today out do any of the moisturizers/scrubs I have used from Lush. (Don’t worry Lush, you have some killer products I endorse too, but this lady has moisturizers down!) Not to mention these prices are so affordable to know you are using natural, safe products!
Now onto the fun part! Cedar Grove Sundries is hosting a giveaway for a 16oz Sugar Scrub to a lucky reader in the Continental US! You even get to choose the scent because it comes in 20 different ones! Enter into the giveaway below and check out the Cedar Grove Sundries Etsy Shop! She has other very neat products as well that I am looking forward to using once baby gets here!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Until Next Time- Truly Love,