Amy is a wife and mom of 3 who thinks the only way to start the day is with coffee in a cute mug. She loves her family, of course, all things outdoors, running (if you want to call it that), and her border collie, Izzy. She can usually be found running her children all over town, buying exotic chocolate bars, or blogging at www.justfinishstrong.blogspot.com
Marriages need a lot of things, like unconditional love, respect, humility, the list is long and sometimes overwhelming. But there is something so easy that every marriage needs that can be overlooked. Good Old Fashioned FUN! Why do you need to have fun in your marriage? I’m so glad you asked.
- Life is hard. Life can be a beat down. We all experience it at some time or another. We get in the rut of work, kids, school, making dinner, and then we go to bed, only to get up and do it again. Insert a little fun to break up the monotony!
- Dating is fun! It’s what we all did to get to know our partner. Spending a night on the town, eating good food, seeing new things, going to a game, all these things are fun! Sometimes just going back to the basics can reignite some excitement into a relationship. These 4 dates every wife should plan will ensure some fun!
- It’s a distraction. Do you have a stressed out spouse who works all the time? Are you the caregiver of a special needs child? Heavy things happen in marriages. It’s ok to have a distraction from the heavy of life, to enjoy things that can enhance it. God made fun! Everything you leave for the day/evening will be waiting for you when you get home. Leave it there.
- It builds your marriage. At the end of the day, spending time alone with your spouse builds your marriage. It brings you closer to the person you do life with. You need the good times and the hard times to enhance and refine your marriage.
Need some ideas?
- Dinner and a movie in the living room after the kids go to bed.
- Professional/college sporting events
- Exercise! (Some people really do this together! The couple that sweats together says together..??)
- Try a new restaurant
- Go to a museum
- Do something together for another couple/family that could use some fun!
- People watch at the mall, airport, or downtown. (ALWAYS fun)
These are just a few things you can do to insert some fun into a marriage that might be lacking in it. You won’t regret it. I promise. Plan some fun right now!!!
How do you create fun in your marriage?